International Lithium Association (ILiA), the not-for-profit industry body representing the global lithium value chain, continues to expand rapidly and has welcomed 12 new Associate Members since the start of the year. The new members come include representatives from new lithium mining projects (Sigma Lithium), lithium refiners (Chengxin Lithium Group), battery materials companies (Umicore) and expert commodity consultancies (Wood Mackenzie).
ILiA Founding Chairman, Anand Sheth, said, “ILiA is delighted to welcome these new Associate Members and together we will be the voice of the lithium industry”. He added, “ILiA represents the entire lithium value chain at a dynamic time in its development. The Association’s growth clearly demonstrates the desire for lithium stakeholders to work together to achieve the full potential of the lithium century”.
The twelve new Associate Members are:
- Akcoat İleri Kimyasal Kaplama Malzemeleri San. ve Tic. A.Ş.,a leading global manufacturer and solution partner of chemical coating materials innovating in ceramics, glass and enamel.
- Chengxin Lithium Group Co., Ltd, a major lithium conglomerate focussed on producing high-purity lithium materials for the EV batteries. It recently opened a new base in Chengdu, Sichuan Province.
- E3 Metals Corp., a direct lithium extraction (DLE) technology innovator based in Alberta, Canada. The company has produced its first lithium battery and has exploration projects in North America.
- Fastmarkets,a world leading news and market analytics service based in London, UK, and specialising in metals, mining and energy transition.
- Green Technology Metals Ltd,an ASX-listed company building towards the pre-eminent vertically integrated lithium business in Ontario, Canada.
- Manikaran Lithium PVT Ltd, which is developing a lithium refinery in India. By 2024-25 the company expects to produce high quality battery-grade lithium hydroxide.
- Mississippi Lime Company, a long-established global supplier of calcium-based products and services. It operates one of the richest limestone reserves in the world in the State of Missouri, USA.
- Sigma Lithium Corp.,which is developing its wholly-owned Grota do Cirilo Project in Brazil, one of the largest and highest purity hard-rock lithium projects in the world.
- Traxys Europe S.A., which has a long history of providing sourcing and marketing solutions for the global mining and minerals industries.
- Umicore, a leading circular advanced materials technology company which offers sustainable solutions to accelerate global mobility transformation.
- Wood Mackenzie, a global research and consultancy business, which provides high quality data, analytics, and insights across the natural resources space to transform the way we power our planet.
- Xiamen Xiangyu New Energy Co., Ltd is a subsidiary of a global Fortune 500 company and is actively involved in supplying lithium to the battery value chain.
ILiA was launched in September 2021 to support the lithium industry during a time of unprecedented market growth which is driven by demand for electric vehicle (EV) batteries. ILiA’s six founding Core Members are SQM, Albemarle, Ganfeng Lithium Co., AMG Brazil, Allkem and Pilbara Minerals, and together they produce around 75% of global lithium supply.
Membership of ILiA is open to the entire lithium supply chain, from producers and processors to OEMs and recyclers and more. For more information please visit www.lithium.org.